In today's global economy, farming is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-tech career. The New Century Farmer conference helps students develop their careers in production agriculture by providing them with an opportunity to advance their:
• Entrepreneurial leadership
• Practical Knowledge
• Global Perspective
• Continuous Personal Growth
How to Apply:
New Century Farmer is an exclusive, highly competitive program. Applications for the 2012 program will be available here
in October, and will be due in March 2012.
During the intensive five-day conference in Des Moines, Iowa, participants will network with industry experts, presenters and each other. They will attend a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
The participants will:
• Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
• Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
• Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
• Grow personally and professionally.
• Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about production agriculture.
• Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
• Create a vision statement for your operation.
The New Century Farmers also:
• Participate in a leadership/team building ropes course.
• Take part in field and operation tours.
• Burn some energy at an indoor sports complex.
• Tour the Pioneer campus.
• Enjoy a banquet at the Meredith building, home of Successful Farming.