Each year, FFA members from all over the United States travel to Washington, D.C. to attend the Washington Leadership Conference (WLC).
During the five-day event, attendees learn how to become effective leaders by teaching them to know their purpose, value people, take action, and serve others.
This is no ordinary leadership experience. You will spend a week putting these skills into practice as you make new friends from across the United States, tour our nation's capitol and visit with members of Congress. This action-packed week will help you gain self-confidence and leadership skills to take back to your FFA chapter and share with other members. Attendees leave WLC with the knowledge and the confidence to act in ways that help their schools, community, and their country.
The player will show in this paragraph
Eligibility and Deadlines:
• Only one FFA member per chapter can submit an application for the WLC scholarship.
• The WLC scholarship covers $500.00 of the registration fee for an FFA member to attend the WLC conference. Travel to and from
the WLC conference site and incidental expenses are the recipient’s responsibility.
• Recipients must attend a WLC workshop for the year the scholarship is awarded.
• Applications are due postmarked by February 15 of each year. WLC scholarship recipients will be announced by March 1st and
winners notified by March 15th.
• Each recipient is expected to attend the Texas FFA Alumni Association’s Annual Meeting in July. (The FFA Alumni Association
Annual Meeting is held in conjunction with the State FFA Convention.)
Applications for Texas FFA Alumni’s WLC scholarship can be found online at http://texasffaalumni.ffanow.org under Applications.