On October 30th – 31st, 65 members representing about 20 FFA chapters participated in the 212° Leadership Conference hosted by the Texas FFA Association and held at the Collin County Adventure camp in Anna, Texas.
This was the first 212° Leadership Conference to be held in the state. The 212° Leadership Conference was modeled after and replaced the Made for Excellence (MFE) conferences hosted in the past. The conference is designed for freshman and sophomore FFA members. This conference was made possible by a sponsorship to the National FFA Foundation from Crop Production Services and Syngenta.
212 degrees is temperature at which water boils. At 211° water is extremely hot, but just one more degree takes up another level and changes its state. The 212° Conference challenges students to push past their limits to the boiling point of leadership. During this conference, students:
• Compared virtues and values.
• Determined personal and core Virtues.
• Compared daily decisions to core virtues and implemented the key to good decision making.
• Created SMART goals relating to their Virtues.
• Developed a plan for action and chose an accountability partner for living out individual virtues
For more information about the 212° Conference, please visit: https://www.ffa.org/Events/Conferences/212/Pages/default.aspx